Join Our Team!
Mobile Water Solutions provide a range of water treatment technologies. They are pre-packaged on a trailer, skid or container for maximum mobility and responsiveness. Available as standard or modular systems they are pre-engineered with plug and play connections for ease of use.
We offer solutions to a wide range of industrial situations and circumstances.
Emergency situations where an existing plant has failed
Planned commissioning, refurbishment or maintenance projects
Multi-Year requirements for continuos water supply
The Control & Instrument Engineer will report directly to the Mobile Water Services Technical manager and will also work closely with the MWS Technical Director, Operations managers and field team as required.
The activities are centered around development of control and monitoring systems for both new and existing assets and technologies. Along with control systems the Control & Instrumentation Engineer is responsible for implementation of a remote access platform used for performance monitoring and predictive analytics. You will also aid the technical manager with the provision of technical support to the field operations and commercial teams.
You will be predominantly based at our facility in Stoke on Trent. The role will also include occasional travel to customer locations and other Nijhuis facilities in the Netherlands and throughout Europe.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Creating new PLC programs and optimisation of existing
• Working with process engineers to develop functional descriptions
• Design and specification of control systems in coordination with the engineering team
• Monitoring of equipment process parameters
• Compilation of performance reports both internal and external
• Ensure equipment is operating to the clients requirements
• Assisting and supporting the commercial team with technical guidance and equipment selection
• Assistance with product development activities
• Supporting the commissioning and maintenance teams with troubleshooting and field activities
• Writing technical SOPS documentation
• Ensuring Health, Safety and Environmental procedures, policies and requirements are strictly adhered to at all times
• Engineering qualification or similar technical degree
• Previous experience working in a similar role in the water industry preferred
• Siemens programming experience preferred
• A full driving license is required
• Flexible in order to ensure operational workload is covered
• Strong communication skills both verbally and written, with the versatility to communicate at all levels in a clear and concise manner
• A good level of IT competency
Our Employment Conditions Package
• Salary Banding – £55,000 to £60,000 (DOE)
• Location – Stoke
For more information about our organization and mission, please visit https://www.saur.com/mission-water. This and other vacancies can be found on https://www.nijhuisindustries….
Are you a potential candidate and do you have any questions about this vacancy? Please contact Richard Mann (Recruitment Manager) via the email below and will be happy to answer your questions.
Please send your CV to for the attention of Richard Mann (Recruitment Manager), We will let you know as soon as possible if we see a match.
We will fill this vacancy through our own recruitment. Profiles and CVs sent unsolicited by agencies will be treated as direct applications from candidates.